BlackPink Recipes for Other Cherubs
Hit your Tastebuds with that Dü-Dü-Dü
- On this Page:
- Chae's Beef with Truffle Salt
- Chae's Addictive Breakfast
- Lisa's Donuts and Crepes
- Jisoo's Hawaian Pancakes
- Noona's Hearty Dinner
- Check back for more :)
- (Click the images for a lightbox slideshow)
With waists between 22" and 24" while dancing Boombayah worldwide, there's hardly anyone better qualified to advise a delicious and nutritious diet than the BLΛↃKPIͶK cherubs. If you think that's wrong, here's the Boombayah video. I feel exhausted after only watching it.
BLΛↃKPIͶK was also forbidden to drink alcohol or date while in training at YG, down to age 14. So food is especially important to the friendly cherubs of BLΛↃKPIͶK.
Amazon sells The BLΛↃKPIͶK Cookbook. It has 20 more recipes, but the Kindle file's production quality is abysmal:
- The pages show up sideways.
- Each recipe is split into two pictures.
- The ingredients can't by copy/pasted into a shopping list.
- The table of contents is at the end of the file.
- The content list isn't hyperlinked to the recipes.
Moreover, the book is missing some of the best. This blog has all their recipes from their vlogs that were captioned in English.
Created: 2/11/23 Modified: 03/07/23 First Draft
For Culture Cherubs: With apologies, I won't be learning much Korean. I studied Sanskrit at Oxford 40 years ago. My language majors were French, Latin, and Ancient Greek. I studied Japanese in the 1990s, and Thai this decade. My brain's full!
So Salutations from the ivory towers, Salut Geiasoo from the Dodecanese, Moshi Sawas Dee Krap from my coral restoration projects across the Pacific, and Namaste from where I now reside, on California's Lost Coast. Ça va?But wait! you must be famished! rofl.
Chae's Beef with Truffle Salt
Lisa arrived unexpectedly at Rosé's house at midnight and demands to be fed, so Rosé makes steak with truffle salt, served with Jennie's kimchi on the side, and shares an ice cream bar for dessert.
- Press steak size of four fingers with paper towels.
- Blow on the meat, while saying how silly this advice is. Whatever you do, don't admit you didn't realize that was a dirty remark.
- Add to frying pan when butter starts to bubble.
- Cook at low heat until well done.
- Serve with Kimchi and dip in truffle salt.
- Share an ice cream sandwich for dessert.
Truffles aren't as expensive as they historically were, because they figured out how to farm-grow truffles only recently. Rose's truffle salt is cheaper than older brands and now only $15 on Amazon. It's very strong, so it will last you for yonks. Its aftertaste evolves for minutes, but it is not hot or spicy.
Kimchi is Korean spiced cabbage, and Koreans tend to make it more spicy than restaurants, so for that authentic cherubic smile without making your parents prepare it from scratch, I recommend this Amazon version.
By the way, this YouTube vlog has to be the longest of Rose and Lisa alone together so far. I'm not sure many blinks would sit through it all, but I totally enjoyed it, thank you very much. So OK, whatever Lisa's MBTI has become this year, she isn't a solo dinner conversationalist, and I could have gone without seeing Lisa's first jiggle-jiggle dance. But Lisa's second jiggle-jiggle dance is sublime, and she was awesome when showing how much she loved Rose's cooking. As usual, Rose manages to be cherubic throughout, despite the unexpected midnight visit. So thank you again, and more recipes, please :)
Chae's Addictive Breakfast
When not cavorting in New Zealand as Roseanne Park, Rosé's Korean name is Park Chae-young, so she's affectionately known as Chae. Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa are reportedly all hooked to Chae's Addictive Breakfast, from @roses_are_rosie. Thank you, Chaae-san.
- 1 serving in 5 minutes
- Granola of your choice, half cup
- Yoghurt of your choice, half cup
- Strawberries, 75 grams chopped
- Blueberries, 75 grams chopped
- Honey, 1 tablespoon
- Top a bowl of yogurt with granola, and chopped berries.
- Drizzle with honey, and serve.
Lisa's Donuts and Crepes
Although LaLisa's father is a chef, she doesn't cook herself. She likes street vendors. Once she took Blackpink for the 'best crepes in Thailand, I think it's on Ko Samui, where all we know is Jissoo had bananas on hers, but Lisa and Jennie didn't. In Cologne, Lisa and Jisoo chose caramel and nutella topping for their crepes.
Once, YG gave Blackpink coffee and donuts for a vlog party. Krispy Kreme then tried marketing 'Blackpink donuts,' but they didn't even have fruit on top.
Jisoo's Hawaian Pancakes
Make two pancakes 4" across. Drizzle with passionfruit sauce or passionfruit syrup. Garnish with sides of 2oz whipped cream, 2oz sliced stawberries, and 2oz sliced bananas on side. Decorate with lychees.
Share with your friend who is still in bed, not saying very much but giggling alot.
Noona's Hearty Dinner
Girls call Jennie 'Unnie' but being an old boy, I am pleased to respect Korean culture and call her 'Noona' instead. Noona points out you can customize this tangy, savory dish with whatever ingredients you fancy, but she enjoys kimchi with fried rice and grilled pork belly (samgyeopsal). To make this dish even heartier, you can top yours with a sunny-side-up.
- 2 servings in 20 minutes
- Pork belly, 100g sliced
- Kimchi, 150 mg (see notes above)
- Spring onion, chopped
- Rice, 1 cup cooked
- Gochujang, 1 tablespoon (see notes below)
- Salt and pepper
- Saute pork belly in a pan until brown.
- Throw in the kimchi and spring onions, followed by cooked rice, salt and pepper to taste, then gochujang, stir-frying all the while
- Top the fried rice with spring onions to serve.
Gochujang is Korean red chili paste, also now available in sauced bottles. I recommend traditional fermented Gochujang, available on Amazon too.